Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Religion Major Exposed

            Sometimes I really don’t enjoy the fact I’m a religion major. Don’t get me wrong I love Biblical scholarship. My passion truly lies in the studying of historical relevance, the bigger the book, the smarter I feel. I love reading. I love learning. However, it often feels that after four years of study, 130,000 dollars later the only thing I will have gotten out of this major is how to say, “I don’t really know for sure,” or “we can’t really say for sure.” No real practical life skills will have resulted from my study, and truly, being a religion major ruins you for working in a Church.

            The academic theories, and histories, I’ve learned are not orthodox, and are therefore deemed dangerous. The sensitivity towards religions will soon come out in some sort of heresy.  My views politically have been shifted towards what I consider caring for people. How I interpret the Bible has greatly shifted through many spiritual mentors, and brilliant, brilliant men. I don’t know where the Lord is taking me with the knowledge he has gifted me, but I must be patient and hold fast in faith that he has a plan for gifts, and opportunities He gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment